The TICAL Conference and the Latin American e-Science Meeting announced during February 10th, the opening of their calls for papers, inviting ICT directors, academics and researchers from Latin American universities to present their research efforts that express the development of initiatives that are contributing to the theme chosen for this edition of the events that will be held between August 30 and September 2, 2021, in virtual and free of charge format.
In 2021, TICAL and “e-Science” will discuss the topic “Rethinking the University driven by digital technologies”. As well as in previous years, both events have individual and different calls, due to the audiences to which they are addressed, to the proposed thematic lines and, above all, to their way of approaching digital transformation.
Thus, TICAL seeks papers that present the implementation of solutions and strategies in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) that support or contribute to the exercise of rethinking technological applications in Higher Education Institutions. Meanwhile, the e-Science Meeting will choose experiences that show the development of collaborative initiatives that involve the use of ICT in different areas of Science: Astronomy, High Energy Physics, Environment, Biodiversity, Humanities, Art, Science of Life, e-Health, Computer Science, Computing / Information Systems, Economics, Administration Sciences.
Applications must be sent in strict compliance with the format established in the bases of both calls and in their respective Authors' Guides. Once received, the papers may be chosen, if their qualification warrants it, to be presented in the framework of the parallel sessions of TICAL2021, or to be included in the poster mode presentation.
BENEFITS FOR SELECTED PAPERS
The papers selected to be presented in the parallel sessions of TICAL2021 and the 5th Latin American e-Science Meeting will be incorporated into the Proceedings Book of the respective events, which will have an ISBN code. For this, it is a basic condition to have delivered all the material indicated in these bases in the point "Material to be prepared by applicants" before August 9, 2021.
The 10 best papers (chosen jointly from the works received by the two calls) will receive support up to a maximum of USD $300 * (three hundred US dollars) per work and for a single time, to be used in one of the following items:
- Registration into an international Congress or Conference of relevance in its specialty, in which networking is promoted. The event must be virtual (on-line) and take place between October 2021 and August 2022. If the value of the event is greater than the established support, the difference must be covered by the author / authors of the work.
- Participation in a specialized virtual (on-line) course.
- Acquisition of technical reference material.
- Certification exam.
The deadline to apply and participate as author of TICAL2021 and the 5th Latin American Meeting of e-Science closes on May 10, 2021.
Do not miss the opportunity to participate in one of the most relevant ICT conferences in Latin America! Download right now the call for TICAL2021 and / or for the Latin American e-Science Meeting, and send your paper through the platform https://eventos.redclara.net/e/tical2021.
Remember: to participate you must follow the format of the Authors Guide and Identification Sheet. Download now.
- Launch of the call for papers: February 10, 2021.
- Closing of the call: May 10, 2021.
- Consultation period: until April 20, 2021 (emails: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com) .
- Notification to selected authors: July 1, 2021.
- TICAL2021 Conference and 5th Latin American e-Science Meeting: August 30 to September 2, 2021.
* RedCLARA will make direct payment for these activities and in no case the monetary value will be delivered directly to the beneficiaries.